Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration Day aka Coldest Day of My Life Day!

Ok so i'm finally thawed out enough to relive the moments of the Inauguration a couple days ago, i think it was on the 20th??? Just kidding!
I didn't take too many pictures because my job was to stand still and straight along the parade route all day long until i was relieved by someone else...which only happened a couple times.

I took this picture while we were still on the bus as we passed the capitol.

Note the "security" on top of the building on the right. Nothing feels safer than dozens of barrels pointed in your direction as the President passes!

Here's Pennsylvania Avenue before the parade started, from the bus again.

Here's a huge crowd not minding our bus trying to get through. They were all headed to the parade route to get a glimpse of Obama coming from the White House to the Capitol.

Here's Michael the Sailor Man!

All in all, it was a pretty cool day. Obama passed right in front of me about 20 feet as the crowd roared behind me. I think at that moment we all forgot about how long we had been standing and how cold it was...then it all came back when he was out of sight.
I enjoyed seeing all the bands from all around the country perform. I know a lot of work went into their music preparation and marching and mainly just raising funds to be there at that historic day! I also knew this parade topped any Macy's Day parade or any other major parade this country will ever have, it was an honor just to be there.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blogging Love!